Monday, January 18, 2016

In The Garden

Back to working on my "In The Garden" quilt. I love paper piecing and this one is full of it. The blocks are 12" square, I went thought all the free patterns I have and found two more that will work. One is an Australian Kokako (from Tartankiwi) and the other an Eurasian Jay. I have finished the Kokako and now working on the very intricate Jay. The Eurasian Jay pattern is from Shape Moth did not have a placement guide... what do you expect for free? I almost gave up, it was like putting a puzzle together, finally I printed out another set of of the pattern and taped it together - then color coded it. 
Australian Kokako

On the pink design board
Progress on the Eurasian Jay


"In The Garden"
Here are some of the other posts about this quilt:
Hummingbird
Sunflower
Tulips
Beautiful Bird
Squirrel

My friend Ann and I went shopping Saturday - another of our local quilt shops is closing...The Flying Geese in Tustin. Everything is 30% off.


Got some Kaffe Fassett and basic white.



Finally sewing again! Hope to be back soon with more.
Loving You!
Julie

No comments: