Monday, January 25, 2016

Fabric Bowls with Catherine Redford

This weekend was fantastic. The Road To California Quilt Market was at the Ontario Convention Center not too far from where I live in Orange County, CA. I participated in two classes. Thread Painting with Nancy Prince and Wrapped In Scraps with Catherine Redford. Both classes were fun. I find trying out a new technique is alway very inspiring. 

Here I am with Catherine. She is a great teacher and explained things very well. It also helped that were were not a lot of participants in the class, it gave us a lot of one on one time.

The bowl show here was completely made of scraps left over from other projects. Almost everyone in the class used yardage, I was the only one who really used scraps. I think my bowl is really pretty. I am going to make many many more bowls with this technique.



No comments: