Saturday, August 1, 2015

Kits and Long Arm Quilting

It had been along time and I am going to try to get caught up with all I have been doing.For one thing I have been takeing long arm quilting classes on Mondays lately at Bear's Quilting Store. Sometime I will go into detail about Bears - it is not your normal quilt store experience..... BY ALL MEANS!!

This colorful quilt (46" x 63") was a quilt I bought as a kit. I usually do not buy kits. My friend Ann and I went on a quilt run and this kit was in the greatest sale stuff. I (under duress) broke down and purchased it. The quilt looked easy with its' large panel look pieces - I thought it would be an excellent way to practice my newly acquired long arm quilting skills.


The quilt went together quickly. I loved all the beautiful colors. 
There was so much fabric left I decided to piece the back.

Here is a close up of the front quilting.
Here is a view of the back. The quilting is obviously a beginners work, but I am proud of it. No computer programs, only a pantograph to follow. I think my skills are improving.


 The quilt is not bound yet... who knows if it will become a UFO?


1 comment:

Joy said...

To learn to quilt, you must be fearless. Way to go!