Tuesday, August 4, 2015

#ElephantsOnParade


Elephants on Parade

Got To Make It

Here are the first few blocks lining up for the cutest baby quilt ever. The design is so simple, these blocks are fun to make. Sew Fresh Quilts offered this free on their website and I must say that I really enjoyed the way the instructions were written especially the cutting part. In the beginning Lorna gave complete cutting instructions along with sub cutting information. Cutting is probably for me a tedious part of making a quilt and having these instructions was a blessing.




I pulled all the fabric from my stash and the quilt went together quickly. 



#ElephantsOnParade
I haven't done the side sashings yet. The boarders are pretty plain and I am thinking of adding colorful pinwheels in the corners to brighten it up.
I have already reserved a long arm at Bear's Quilt Shop  - Can not wait to get this one loaded on the longarm!

2 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Adorable! I love how you chose to use the blue for the background. Pinwheel cornerstones sounds like a great way to add a little pizzazz to the borders! Thanks so much for quilting along on the Elephant Parade!

Kate said...

The blue is the perfect background!!!