Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Tie Challenge

At the Orange County Fair our Guild was asked to demonstrate quilting. Many people come up and ask about the quilting displays and what we are doing. These two guys came up and were really interested in us and they went on to offer our Guild a bunch of men's silk ties. Apparently, they manufacture ties and wanted to recycle some of their seconds. Our Guild ended up with boxes upon boxes of men's ties. We promised they would not end up on EBay or being sold in their original format. 

Here is the ties I ended up with.

 This is the first purse I made - shown here with the button I think I will use as a closure

The inside has a zipper compartment, a couple of separators and a place for credit cards.

My second one with the button choice

My third one with 2 button choices..... I think the triangle is the one I will use.

This has been a fun way to use the ties. I hope to make a bunch of these for Christmas presents.

No comments: