Friday, April 18, 2014

Celtic Solstice Piecing Finish!

I want to start another quilt but I told myself no!                                                                          

Finish some first then move on. 


I finished piecing and all the boarders of Celtic Solstice this weekend. I changed the direction of the second boarder to more of a prairie point look instead of flying geese. I like it better I need to schedule time at the long arm to quilt her up. 

I have been waiting for the next block for the Birthday Quilt. ... Still not available.
The Riley Blake Birthday Quilt - candles have always bugged me - I put the blocks together as directed and I was ok with it, then I looked at the mock up drawing of the quilt on their button and I noticed the candles were tapered at the top instead of straight across. I thought and thought about it and it seemed I just wanted tapered tops, so I tore them apart and tapered them. See the photo above, the first block is straight and the second block is tapered. I think will have to embroider a wick on them when the sashing goes on. 

No comments: