Friday, August 31, 2018

36 Little Kimonos


I am making this for my neighbor who is Japanese - she is the sweetest lady dealing with her husband who is on hospice now. She always admires my quilts and I want her to have this one. I absolutely love all the fabrics. They are joyful, colorful and appropriate for this quilt. I hope to get it done asap do to the situation. 

Blocks on the design wall....

I will be adding sashing of a black and gold oriental flower print I ordered on line. There will be three borders with mitered corners. The black and gold, an inch of red and then two inches of black to frame the quilt. The quilting will probably just be stitch in the ditch u unless I come up with a huge amount of mojo. :)

 Here are a couple of the individual blocks...



Koi
Koi

A little fussy cutting around the mountains.

Sumo Wrestlers

Dragons
I hope your Labor Day is a grand one. It is always nice if you get to spend some time with your family.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Lovely blocks. I have 'sew' much oriental fabric in my stash, this will be a great way to use some of it.