Sunday, January 7, 2018

Modern Batik Workshop

I am getting ready for my first workshop. I have always wanted to do this and honestly this one has come about because of the cost of materials. In college I batiked a lot. I sold batiked onesies and stuffed thing (pillows, dolls, mobiles) at a little shop in Beverly Hills. I could hardly keep them in stock. My renewed interest in dyeing fabric came with sticker shock. So I thought if I could get a group together it could help share the costs. So this Saturday 11 of my closest friends and I are going to CREATE BATIKS.

I have been collecting all the supplies and making lists as to not forget anything. I hope it turns out to be a great experience and that the attendees will want to do it again.

So my next post will be all about the workshop and you will be able to see what everyone designed. 
How exciting. 


These are the tjaps I bought on EBay.

Here is what started out as notes for my workshop, but ended up as
 my complete knowledge of the subject:

I found a box of my old batik tjantings and in the box there were also several of the batiks made by my sister Marie and I over 35 years ago. I thought I would go ahead and photograph them and post them here for fun.

Now remember... these were made with RIT DYE and are over 30 years old. 



These still have the wax on them

I use to use stained glass as my inspiration.



Marie's Signature



I remember the green on this on was painted in with acrylic paint

Julie

Oh there is one spot left if you know anyone interested!

Have a great day.
Julie



SaveSave

2 comments:

Lynette said...

oooo - That is like the ultimate play-in-the-mud type day for a quilter!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sounds like fun!!