Monday, March 17, 2014

QAD Trees

Riley Blakes Happy Birthday Quilt 

I finally got a start on the Riley Blake block of the month - trying to catch up on January and February - then Marches appeared. I got the Ice Cream Cone block and the candle blocks done.
I changed up the ice cream scoop and added the scallops. I think it really adds to the blocks. The original half circles were pretty plain.
Now to work on the birthday hats!


Art Quilt Design
Trees

In February Janeen sent out two blocks of trees. I quite honestly was stumped by the intricacy of the design. Lots of very small piecing. But I gave it a try and here it is. 

I love the background fabric -  Amy Butler  Temple Doors.
The size of the block did not come out correctly - I may have to add a bit more fabric when the quilt comes together.  
I will be linking up with Judy Laquidara's Linky Party.... What is on YOUR design wall.?
 Always inspirational

2 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love your birthday quilt. It will be a fun quilt when it is finished. I admire your ability to piece little teeny pieces. Kudos.

Joy said...

I am doing this block of the month too. This is going to be a beautiful quilt when you're done. Janeen says these are simple blocks but I would classify them as intermediate. Any foundation pieced block that has multiple sections is not a simple block in my mind. Luckily I had quite a bit of experience before I started this BOM.