Monday, November 27, 2017

Nine Degree Evolution of A Quilters Mind

It is finally finished.

I changed the name of the quilt. Since the large round traditional checked block uses a 9 degree ruler and this quilt actually evolved into what it is now, I thought the name needed to reflect that movement.

I will be entering this quilt into QuitCon 2018. I really do not expect this quilt to be accepted. I think it is modern but it isn't made of solid colors, it doesn't have straight line quilting, yet I have never seen any other quilt like this one - it is unusual, interesting, cosmic, mesmerizing and whimsical 
Maybe it has a chance.

Nine Degree Evolution Of A Quilters Mind
50.5" X 61"
In the quilting I have incorporated the solar system around the circle - with all the planets including the Earth's moon and Saturn's rings, the Starship Enterprise, Challenger, a spaceman, a meteor,  a UFO, a satellite, an alien and Spock hand in the" Live Long and Prosper" position in the boarder. 
It was a lot of fun.

Fingers Crossed.



Although we did everything differently back then, this photo shows that deep down, raw human spirit never changes. Our compassion, ingenuity, curiosity, and perseverance as a species will always stand the test of time.



A bicycle that fits a family of four, including a sewing machine. 

SaveSave

2 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

I think that quilt would be perfect for QuiltCon. Very cool.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a really cool quilt. I like the shadow you added to your circle.