Sunday, August 30, 2020

I Need to Catch Up




I started this blog to have notes on my quilting journey, but I haven't been keeping up and time has marched on and so I would like to post all about the quilts that I haven't shown yet.

Yesterday was a great day. I finished a quilt I started in 2017. At Road to California I saw the Tula Pink Butterfly and fell in love with it. While it has been pieced for the longest time, I decided it would be the first of my quilt start to be mounted on my new 30 year old Gammill longarm!
Yes, during the Covid-19 Pandemic, since all the stores were shut down including The Sewing Escape where I had been renting their sit down mid arm to quilt the old butterfly. I tried to hall that huge quilt through my domestic and that was not working out too well. I ventured onto a Facebook group ....Used Longarms and Accessories. in all of California there were 2 long arms and would you believe one was only 1.2 miles away. The stars aligned and I was able to bring her home.
I entered this quilt into the "Garden of Quilts" at Aston Gardens, Lehi, Utah, which takes place at the end of this month. My friend Ann entered 5 quilts and all got accepted, we are going to brave the pandemic and take a road trip to see them hanging. I will try to post photos of that show.


Detail of the white space in the Butterfly Quilt.
See the lotus blossoms? I chose a rather art deco design to embellish the lower center white space.


3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on that new-to-you longarm and that stunning quilt finish!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your butterfly is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Oh ScrAP!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awesome job quilting your first quilt on your longarm!!!