Follow Me add your email here:

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Sew Much to Show & Tell!



Gosh it has been forever since I wrote in my blog. It is time to catch up.

Since my last post was the start of Elephant Extraction Here is my progress on that one. 



He is a flimsy and I am going to add some more of the green leaves on the top and bottom. This pattern is so cool and it goes together quickly as the pieces are large. Have such great ideas on how to quilt him and I have been saving motifs on my Pintrest Board: https://www.pinterest.com/julesmctool/african-quilt-motifs/

Lot's of babies are in the bellies of my nieces and nephews

Baby Quilt Updates:

One got away from me it was "Princess And the Pea" (Pattern on Moda Bake Shop) It turned out adorable and I gave it to little Jen for her second girl.
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/princess-pea-blanket.htmlhttp://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/princess-pea-blanket.html

Now here is the Buggy Barn Bunny
It is complete, pieced, quilted, blinded and labeled! Done
I used my stash of 1930's prints and used vintage buttons.



Detail of the quilting and vintage button.
I know, I know...buttons on a baby quilt? What was I thinking... well it is more for presentation. I am going to tell the mother to cut them off and give them back to me and I will gladly hold on to them and sew them back on when the time is right IF the quilt makes it that far. Or it could be used as a wall hanging, but O would prefer it be used as intended, to warp the little one in some LOVE!

 The one thing I do love is the free motion quilting I did on this little guy. I am now confident in using my domestic machine to do my on quilting. I have always quilted everyone of my quilts, with my computer generated on a long arm , pantographs or now free motion on my domestic.
The next baby quit is: #Hipster Cat by Shwin & Shwin- a free pattern.

I used straight line quilting to keep it Modern

Next:

 MQGOC - Modern Quilt Guild Orange County #Hawthorne Threads Challenge
This is a charity quilt inspired by one of the lines of #Hawthorne Threads. We were given about an 1/8 of a yard of a of a single collection of their fabrics . In mine was their:
#Blackbird Collection by #Hawthorne Threads 
there were 20 - different swatches about 4 1/2" x 6" each. Not much fabric to work with so I came up with this leaf idea using the fabric for the body of the leaf. I a variegated batik I used so the roots would be different form the stem but also show continuation of growth. The backing is a pink and white stripe. At this point all I need to do is bind it. I am glad I got started on this early. I know it will be finished by the November meeting.

MORE BABY QUILTS IN THE MAKING

So I found this pattern in my stash and it was screaming 1930's. It looked so simple I could just knock it out. Well it is still not finished but I am going to get on it and finish it up. I love to do hand embroidery and the antenna of the butterflies will be hand done in matching colors, like my BBB whiskers were. (see above)


1930's prints.

1930's prints


Last but not lease is this cute "little" - I mean little quilt I am working on. The ears of the bears are 3D and I love their ties. . I backed it with a dinosaur print I had in my stash.



Here is my ribbon from the Orange County Fair- I'm a Weanner!

Love you all



SaveSave

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So many lovely quilts. The cat with the glasses just cracks me up!