Monday, January 26, 2015

To Quilt


I know it has been a very long time since my last post. The holidays came into play, I had new floors installed on the stairs and upper level of the house - everything got moved into the sewing room and I have been trying to dig myself out. Finally I got sewing yesterday at a class from Lenore Crawford... Confetti Quilts.

This is suppose to be a hummingbird. It is not at all finished - just layed the million pieces of fabric confetti and covered with tulle. For a first try, I am satisfied and I think there is a huge area for improvement. I think once it gets stitched up completely there will be enough distinction so you will be able to see the bird separate from the background. I plan to thread paint a bit too. Fingers crossed!!

While at the class at Road to California I also got to meet up with Joe Cunningham. I love Joe and he is also one of the art quilter displaying at the Muzeo where I am a docent. 

Here is one of Lenore Crawfords Confetti Quilts. Love the fall colors

Have a wonderful day!


No comments: