Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Late Night Sewing

Late night quilting. After finishing Clue 3 I decided to work on a BOM quilt from my LQS The Quilting Bee in Orange, CA. It is month 9 and we are all working on an Amish inspired quilt. I finished this block
 I like the way this one is going - bright colors, traditional patterns. I am thinking about finishing the quilt differently than the pattern we are following. Probably set the blocks on point and put some patches in between.  We'll see......

I am getting ready for the Sew Kitschy - A (free) Paper Piecing BoM that is going to start in January. It is put on by Kristy @ Quiet Play. I just love her patterns and this one is right up my alley,


I went shopping (I was dragged by my friend Gayle) at L&M Fabrics in Anaheim last Sunday - everything in the store was 20% off. It was the first time I had shopped there and boy I was amazed by the store and how much fabric was there - and their prices EXCELLENT too. I picked up A LOT of fabric.... some neutrals for the BH Celtic Solstice Mystery and then a bunch pictured here below for Sew Kitschy. I do like the blues and red color pallet that Kristy has chosen.... I chose 1930's and some coffee cup print, toasters, and orange crate. I have a hard time with color selection sometimes. My stash, while large is always a challenge to coordinate.



Anyway here is my assistant helping me get home from my L&M shopping spree!
Wow what a ride it was!
Enjoy your day!
Jules

1 comment:

Vireya said...

That Sew Kitchy BOM looks like fun.

Handy to have such an assistant on hand when you need to move some fabric!