Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Elephant Abstraction Finish

I started my#Elephant Abstraction quilt May 15, 2017 and today is June 12, 2108
Here are some of the blog posts about the process:

And finally today!!

63' x 76"


This is actually the 2nd custom quilt I have made. Mostly I do all over or stitch in the ditch. 
This quilt has 2 Parrots, 2 African ladies, gecos, tree frogs, leaves, vines, a trees and a mouse quilted into it. 
African lady face
One of the Parrots
One regret I have is that I used the busy batik leaf fabric for the backing, if I had used a plainer fabric you would have been able to see the quilting.
I will be showing this at the Orange County Quilters Guild tonight.


Also (Hurray For Me!) I got my quilts accepted into the 2018 Orange County Fair!!



Next up is to quilt the Trula Pink Butterfly
See you all soon... Hopefully.

Julie


Important Words

...we come to quilt making looking for a respite from one set of challenges by embracing a very different set ~ involving color, pattern, sensuality, skill, and order, in an ever-changing mixture ...  The act of making patchwork quilts [has] provided an oasis of grace in my life. I [have] pitched my pieced tent in that oasis, finding shelter and warmth for my psyche... [from Quilting to Save My Life by Janet Catherine Berlo, author of Quilting Lessons: Notes from the Scrap Bag of a Writer and Quilter]





6 comments:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Awesome! I love this elephant! Being a Crimson Tide fan, I need one in red and white! LOL Great job!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very impressive!! and beautiful!!!! I need to go find that pattern.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great quilt, I am so impressed.

Heide said...

Very impressed! Such a beautiful quilt. Congrats on your two quilts accepted into the show.

PaintedThread said...

This looks amazing, both the piecing and the quilting.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt!