Friday, September 13, 2019

Orange County Fair

Winning at the Orange County Fair!


In total we won ten ribbons! 

I say "we" because I entered one of my husbands collections and it won 3 of the ribbons.
Mama Mia
Winning two Ribbons
"1st Place Twin Size or Larger" and
a "Judges Award"
Mama Mia shown at the Orange County Quilters Guild Quilt Show.
Winning "Peoples Choice"



My "Recycled American Gothic"
Winning three ribbons.
"1st Place Wallhanging", A "Judges Award"
and the "Division Winner"
So "VATS 69"....

The collection started in 2001 when the historically correct movie BAND OF BROTHERS was made. In WWII officers were allotted a bottle of whiskey, the supply ships from the US were carrying vital military cargo of which whiskey was not a part of.  Supplies for the allotments came from Britain and VAT 69 was considered one of the finest. The whisky was at first bottled in port bottles (1882) and was not changed for the next hundred years.
There are 16 items in the collection. The items presented are the most interesting ones. 
  1.  Vintage VAT 69 Crate
  2. Port style large VAT 69 bottle
  3. Port style liter medium VAT 69 bottle
  4. Port style 28 ml small VAT 69 bottle
  5. Current VAT 69 liter bottle
  6. VAT 69 flask
  7. Ashtray - glass “VAT 69 Finest Scotch Whiskey"
  8. Glass Tumbler
  9. Vats 69 Collection
    Three ribbons
    "Most Unique"
    "2nd Place"

    E-I-E-I-O
    "Theme Award"
    "Judges Award"
  10. Frame with (a) Band of Brothers VAT 69 advertising.

















E-I-E-I-O
This quilt will be given to my daughter. She is kinda a farmer.
She LOVES animals. She has a pig, "Gracy",  chickens, three dogs, I don't know how many cats at this time and is always trying to rescue any poor little animal that needs a helping hand. 

No comments: